Skip to main content

Clients @ a distance

Tuesday...it ain't Monday. Another day, another visit from our clients. It seems like there's an ebb and flow when it comes to client visits. We could go weeks w/o seeing a single client; only receiving e-mails, phone calls, faxes and snail mail from them. I don't mind that so much, I believe that you need a "x" amount of distance from your clients and vice versa. Not distance as in not answering them via correspondence, but PHYSICALLY separated by blocks/miles/states from them; giving us the opportunity to breath and do our jobs. If they can pop in whenever they want, they would see how messy and counter-productive we really are and I don't think the client should see that. Yes, a few days ago, I entered a blog that said that I felt that it was wrong for us to deceive the client; I think the client should see your work space...once! After that, there's no need for repeated viewings! Man, I've gotta find more interesting things to write about...

http://www.495sucks.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Mourning

I'm not a morning person, never have been. From as far back as I can remember, I've never really been the type of person to roll over and bed, feel the sun kiss my face, hear the birds sing, wake up to the sound of an alarm clock and think, "today's the best day of my life!". I'm usually the other guy; deep in slumber, sawing logs (like all snorers, I've never had the distinguished privilege of hearing the sweet, melodic sounds of my nocturnal singing performances) I've got a my drapes closed @ all times, birdsongs are overrated (it's like they're phoning it on or something; a total lack of originality!), the alarm clock goes off. I placed it across the room on purpose; that way I'll have to get out of bed. I throw a shoe @ it. This morning was different. I rolled over and felt the sun caress my face like a lover I lost ages ago, heard the beautiful chirp chirp chirp-ing of a mother bird and her young, jumped out of bed, stretched and f