Skip to main content

Six More Weeks of Winter

So yesterday, that damn rodent stuck his head out of the ground and informed us lowly bipeds that we're in for 6 more weeks of winter. And then, f*ck me running, several inches of snow fell from the ground that VERY night! If that don't beat all! When I heard about our good friend, Phil finding his shadow and dooming us to six more weeks of teeth chattering, digit numbing, scrotum shrinking hell, I was at once wishing that Phil would find his shadow at the bottom stew pot! Six more weeks of this? C'mon!

But, that minor outrage was replaced by a sobering reality; I'm a 35 year old man. I am really young BUT, old enough to embrace Latin.

Tempus Fugit.

I have found myself using the above statement more and more lately. Case in point, the link I just laid down in the last sentence. I could've sworn that that entry was made three months ago. That was almost a year ago. When I was a kid, my mother used to ask me what day it was. "Silly Mommy", I'd think to myself. She doesn't even know the day of the week; I'm hip to the game now. I'm almost certain that it's Wednesday and tomorrow's Thursday. The proof of this fact isn't that elusive. What is elusive is trying to remember what I had for lunch on Sunday. Or, how is that the man that I elected to serve as President of the United States of America, has been in office for a year and some change? Katrina was HOW many years ago? That Playboy Playmate was born in 1990??? My nephew's five???

Questions like these plague me every, single day. So, on this day in history, I can say that I PRAY for six weeks of anything! Six weeks is a drop in the bucket and before I know it, I'm going to be complaining about swamp @$$, mosquitoes and how mini shorts seem to keep getting shorter.

Do your worst, Phil!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otis_Boykin



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Mourning

I'm not a morning person, never have been. From as far back as I can remember, I've never really been the type of person to roll over and bed, feel the sun kiss my face, hear the birds sing, wake up to the sound of an alarm clock and think, "today's the best day of my life!". I'm usually the other guy; deep in slumber, sawing logs (like all snorers, I've never had the distinguished privilege of hearing the sweet, melodic sounds of my nocturnal singing performances) I've got a my drapes closed @ all times, birdsongs are overrated (it's like they're phoning it on or something; a total lack of originality!), the alarm clock goes off. I placed it across the room on purpose; that way I'll have to get out of bed. I throw a shoe @ it. This morning was different. I rolled over and felt the sun caress my face like a lover I lost ages ago, heard the beautiful chirp chirp chirp-ing of a mother bird and her young, jumped out of bed, stretched and f