Skip to main content

Where are the trophies?

Finally finished "Heavenly Sword"; now I can get to "LittleBigPlanet"!!! But before I do, I few words not so much about "Heavenly Sword" but about PS3 trophies in general...or the lack there of. My friend Andy has an Xbox 360. I don't mind it although the humming ticks me off sometimes. I'm used to a PS3 controller, I like "LittleBigPlanet" and I'm soooo looking forward to "God of War 3"; these are several reasons why I prefer my PS3 over a 360. But, if there's one thing that the folks at Sony must change is the amount of games that have trophies; they must add more!

I just bought a used copy of "Assassin's Creed" for the PS3. I enjoyed the game play on the 360. I was very impressed by the graphics and the ability sneak up on baddies an execute them.

Beautiful.

So, imagine my surprise when I crack it open, pop it in and find out that there's no trophies. None. I loved the achievements on the 360 for said game, but none for "Assassin's Creed" for my beloved PS3. WTF?

Which brings me back to "Heavenly Sword"; nary a trophy to be found. Hell, just about all of the downloadable games (I've spoken at great length about "PixelJunk Monsters", so I'll spare you, the one and only reader of this blog) that I've purchased have trophies and they're dirt cheap to boot. Honestly, after playing several levels of "Assassin's Creed" on the 360, I never thought that I'd actually miss the trophies, but when I go home and pop in "Assassin's Creed", and kill 50 guards with my throwing blades, I find myself expecting a little reward. And, I'm actually bummed out when nothing happens.

The good news is that because it's a PS3, they can add these trophies in later. But I'm not holding my breath. I may just have to give up the ghost on this one.

I'm officially hooked on trophies; from now on, it's trophies or collect dust on the shelf!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Mourning

I'm not a morning person, never have been. From as far back as I can remember, I've never really been the type of person to roll over and bed, feel the sun kiss my face, hear the birds sing, wake up to the sound of an alarm clock and think, "today's the best day of my life!". I'm usually the other guy; deep in slumber, sawing logs (like all snorers, I've never had the distinguished privilege of hearing the sweet, melodic sounds of my nocturnal singing performances) I've got a my drapes closed @ all times, birdsongs are overrated (it's like they're phoning it on or something; a total lack of originality!), the alarm clock goes off. I placed it across the room on purpose; that way I'll have to get out of bed. I throw a shoe @ it. This morning was different. I rolled over and felt the sun caress my face like a lover I lost ages ago, heard the beautiful chirp chirp chirp-ing of a mother bird and her young, jumped out of bed, stretched and f