Skip to main content

Spider-Fans love Mary Jane, survey says

Obviously.

Sent to you by tony via Google Reader:

via Blog@Newsarama by David Pepose on 12/7/08

Last week, we posted a short piece on poster Stuart Green's survey about Spider-Man's post-One More Day status.

brandnewday

In the story arc by J. Michael Stracynzki and Marvel EiC Joe Quesada, Aunt May had been shot into a coma, and Peter Parker made a deal with the demon Mephisto to annul his marriage to save her life.

According to the results, one thing is clear: the fans want the marriage back. 71 posts voted that the marriage should return, versus 24 posts that the marriage should stay dead.

Meanwhile, fans wrote that if there was anyone who should return the marriage, it should be J. Michael Stracynzki, who also expressed his problems with the story following its release. Runner-ups included Brian Michael Bendis with 16 votes, and Matt Fraction as a write-in with another 16 votes.

That said, the jury is still out on the rest of Brand New Day, with 63 voting that it should remain in continuity, while 57 said it should not.

Perhaps most important, however, was that while the erasure of the marriage was done primarily in the interest of not alienating new readers, the vast majority of voters (110 posts versus 16 in the negative) said that if the marriage was returned, they would still read the book.


Things you can do from here:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Mourning

I'm not a morning person, never have been. From as far back as I can remember, I've never really been the type of person to roll over and bed, feel the sun kiss my face, hear the birds sing, wake up to the sound of an alarm clock and think, "today's the best day of my life!". I'm usually the other guy; deep in slumber, sawing logs (like all snorers, I've never had the distinguished privilege of hearing the sweet, melodic sounds of my nocturnal singing performances) I've got a my drapes closed @ all times, birdsongs are overrated (it's like they're phoning it on or something; a total lack of originality!), the alarm clock goes off. I placed it across the room on purpose; that way I'll have to get out of bed. I throw a shoe @ it. This morning was different. I rolled over and felt the sun caress my face like a lover I lost ages ago, heard the beautiful chirp chirp chirp-ing of a mother bird and her young, jumped out of bed, stretched and f