Skip to main content

It's a happy entry.

Yes, that is the day of the week that the folks at our oh-so-ever-efficient cable/phone/internet provider (for legal purposes, we’ll call ‘em Ca-Ca Communications) told us was the soonest they could get a tech to our humble abode to reconnect our, you guessed it, cable/phone/internet service!!! It is Tuesday evening. Oh, fun! This is what we’re paying for? Our power goes out on Monday, and Ca-Ca can’t bother to send someone ‘til the end of the week? Must be nice, must be Ca-Ca. Fortunately, there are many ways to skin a cat; I’m writing this in Word, which I will then save to a jump drive. Tomorrow, through my connection at work the public library, I can download this document and then upload it to Blogger. Also, I can get my daily fix of “Attack of the Show” (okay, who are we kidding, it’s mostly Olivia Munn), “the Daily Show with Jon Stewart”, “Countdown with Keith Olbermann”, “the Colbert Report”, and “Aqua Teen Hunger Force”. Unfortunately, this leaves me without “the Best of the Joy of Painting”. Say what you want, but I defy anyone to watch 22 minutes of Bob Ross and not come away from that broadcast with a warm gooey feeling inside. After a long day at work (and a long afternoon in traffic), sometimes I come home and queue up an episode; it is a soothing tonic that tames the savage “Hulk Smash!” in me. I mean, unless you’re totally evil, or blind (blind evil?); you can’t help but feel a little better about life after watching him create a watercolor painting. Come to think of it, a ton of those PBS shows stand the test of time when it comes to showing the very best of what humanity has to offer, from Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers to the Electric Company and of course, Bob Ross, this network has systematically featured good examples of what it is to be human…insofar as loving your fellow man and showing the world warmth, serenity and fellowship.

Okay one, what the hell was the initial premise of this entry and two, what have my roomies slipped into my food?


www.bobross.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Mourning

I'm not a morning person, never have been. From as far back as I can remember, I've never really been the type of person to roll over and bed, feel the sun kiss my face, hear the birds sing, wake up to the sound of an alarm clock and think, "today's the best day of my life!". I'm usually the other guy; deep in slumber, sawing logs (like all snorers, I've never had the distinguished privilege of hearing the sweet, melodic sounds of my nocturnal singing performances) I've got a my drapes closed @ all times, birdsongs are overrated (it's like they're phoning it on or something; a total lack of originality!), the alarm clock goes off. I placed it across the room on purpose; that way I'll have to get out of bed. I throw a shoe @ it. This morning was different. I rolled over and felt the sun caress my face like a lover I lost ages ago, heard the beautiful chirp chirp chirp-ing of a mother bird and her young, jumped out of bed, stretched and f