Skip to main content

Fall-ish!

The best time of the year. I LOVE transitional seasons!!! Not too cold, not too hot, just right! My favorite seasons are as follows, Spring, Fall (a VERY close second!), Summer and finally Winter. I've never been cool w/cold weather. The only time I've really enjoyed Winter is when there was too much snow on the ground and school was canceled. Never cared for snowball fights; as much fun as they were, there was always some idiot who thought it was a good idea to sneak you w/a snowball to the face when you weren't even looking. And, who needs the cold??? I mean, seriously, you've gotta put on layer after layer of things to wear! If you need to go to the store, you can't just throw on a pair of pants and a tee shirt and be on your way....no, no, no, no, no! There must be thermal this and thermal that! In the fall, you need a coat and maybe a hat. Spring, nuthin' but clothing. Summer, you're fine! But Winter, no, you're in for something very uncomfortable. Yes, yes I know, Summer is uncomfortable also, which is why it's number three on the list. But, there are public pools. Museums. Plenty of trees to be used as shade. Plenty of water and Gatorade to drink. Bugs? I'll take bug bites over frigid fingers and toes any day of the week! Summer never stopped people from getting to work by freezing the roads. I don't know of anyone who threw their back out while racking leaves or slipped on sidewalks hot enough to fry an egg. I love Fall...but not as much as Spring. And, it actually has nuthin' to do w/the weather and everything to do w/what it represents! Fall means that Winter is right around the corner and who needs that???


Yes, my glass is half empty!


http://www.kerismith.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Mourning

I'm not a morning person, never have been. From as far back as I can remember, I've never really been the type of person to roll over and bed, feel the sun kiss my face, hear the birds sing, wake up to the sound of an alarm clock and think, "today's the best day of my life!". I'm usually the other guy; deep in slumber, sawing logs (like all snorers, I've never had the distinguished privilege of hearing the sweet, melodic sounds of my nocturnal singing performances) I've got a my drapes closed @ all times, birdsongs are overrated (it's like they're phoning it on or something; a total lack of originality!), the alarm clock goes off. I placed it across the room on purpose; that way I'll have to get out of bed. I throw a shoe @ it. This morning was different. I rolled over and felt the sun caress my face like a lover I lost ages ago, heard the beautiful chirp chirp chirp-ing of a mother bird and her young, jumped out of bed, stretched and f