Skip to main content

RIP Don Cornelius

Damn!

 
 

Sent to you by tony via Google Reader:

 
 

via Nerdist by Diane M. Martin on 2/1/12

The only time I feel my age is when icons from my childhood pass on.  Today, Don Cornelius, the creator and host of Soul Train, died.  I remember many Saturday afternoons watching cartoons, Creature Double Feature, and Soul Train.  Soul Train was a large part of my musical development.  It also taught me cool dance moves; these moves have served me very well in marching.

Soul Train was a very important show for mainstream culture as well as music.  Don Cornelius was a genius!

Thank you Don Cornelius for the years of Soul Train.   …and as always in parting, we wish you love, peace… and SOUL.

For more genius observations of the world, follow me on twitter @dihard11


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog