Skip to main content

Metareview: inFamous (PS3)

 
 

Sent to you by tony via Google Reader:

 
 

via Joystiq [PlayStation] by Justin McElroy on 5/27/09


We're not going to say inFamous' quality is a big surprise (this is Sucker Punch after all) but it's nice to see someone getting the superhero genre so right. Everyone (including us) has been piling the love on it, and we've taken the liberty of providing with just a slice of the love fest below:
  • 1UP (A-): "It's how InFamous blends all of this -- the platforming, the combat, the powers, the missions, and the Karma -- that makes it an eminently playable and enjoyable experience for me. It's why I've been staying up so late for the past few days."
  • D+PAD (4.5/5): "Yet remarkably, inFamous - as a whole - feels entirely unique. It's perhaps largely due to Sucker Punch's ability in creating an outstanding animation system that subtly adapts to the environment, but also because of the game's suitably atmospheric setting."
  • GamePro (90/100): "Great game, minor faults, a lot of fun to be had, terrible story but the gameplay holds up despite it. Maybe this "sleeping on it" thing has some merit, after all."
  • NZGamer (9.5/10): "Any other games vying for the crown of Game of the Year 2009 pay attention - there's a new kid in town and he means business."

JoystiqMetareview: inFamous (PS3) originally appeared on Joystiq on Wed, 27 May 2009 19:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Mourning

I'm not a morning person, never have been. From as far back as I can remember, I've never really been the type of person to roll over and bed, feel the sun kiss my face, hear the birds sing, wake up to the sound of an alarm clock and think, "today's the best day of my life!". I'm usually the other guy; deep in slumber, sawing logs (like all snorers, I've never had the distinguished privilege of hearing the sweet, melodic sounds of my nocturnal singing performances) I've got a my drapes closed @ all times, birdsongs are overrated (it's like they're phoning it on or something; a total lack of originality!), the alarm clock goes off. I placed it across the room on purpose; that way I'll have to get out of bed. I throw a shoe @ it. This morning was different. I rolled over and felt the sun caress my face like a lover I lost ages ago, heard the beautiful chirp chirp chirp-ing of a mother bird and her young, jumped out of bed, stretched and f