Skip to main content

10-Year-Old Reporter Damon Weaver Gets His Credentials

Man, I can barely manage to get my lazy @$$ out of bed in the morning, this kid is inspiration to all of us uninspired folk.

Sent to you by tony via Google Reader:

via The Huffington Post | Full News Feed by The Huffington Post News Editors on 1/12/09

Oh frabjous day! This evening, upon my return home, I got a message from Jezebel.com's Megan Carpentier that cheered my heart, and is bound to increase the temperature of your cockles, as well, without pharmaceuticals even. Ten-year-old elementary school cub reporter Damon "The Future of Journalism" Weaver has successfully hurdled one of his Inauguration Week obstacles:

MSNBC is reporting that Damon Weaver, whose quest for an inaugural press credential to interview Barack Obama we previously chronicled, has been granted one by the Inaugural Committee. Now he just needs the interview, Rahm.

Everytime we post on Damon Weaver, we get a lot of emails detailing how happy this kid's story makes people. And when it looked like he may not get to participate in the inaugural festivities, lots of people wanted to help, and sent emails around on Weaver's behalf. Most importantly, whenever we mention Weaver, we always get an email from Brian Zimmerman, Weaver's teacher, offering his gratitude on behalf of he and his student. So this ended up being a very nice thing for lots of people to have participated in, here at HuffPo and elsewhere.

Of course, the road is not yet fully run! We're still hoping that Damon gets his chance to speak to the President-Elect, thus granting America the full-on cute-gasm it will need to weather the coming recession. So let's sweeten the pot! Here's a video of Damon's friend, Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat, who pledges to play Obama in a game of one-on-one when he comes to Washington, DC to play the Washington Wizards on April 4.

[WATCH.]

Wade promises a "competitive game," and, indeed, if you've seen the Wizards play this season, it will probably end up being a closer contest than the scheduled Wizards-Heat match-up. So upside: a one-day bailout of DC's sagging professional basketball industry.

Anyway, congratulations to Damon Weaver!

More on Obama's Inauguration Add to StumbleUpon Add to digg Add to Reddit Add to del.icio.us

Things you can do from here:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Mourning

I'm not a morning person, never have been. From as far back as I can remember, I've never really been the type of person to roll over and bed, feel the sun kiss my face, hear the birds sing, wake up to the sound of an alarm clock and think, "today's the best day of my life!". I'm usually the other guy; deep in slumber, sawing logs (like all snorers, I've never had the distinguished privilege of hearing the sweet, melodic sounds of my nocturnal singing performances) I've got a my drapes closed @ all times, birdsongs are overrated (it's like they're phoning it on or something; a total lack of originality!), the alarm clock goes off. I placed it across the room on purpose; that way I'll have to get out of bed. I throw a shoe @ it. This morning was different. I rolled over and felt the sun caress my face like a lover I lost ages ago, heard the beautiful chirp chirp chirp-ing of a mother bird and her young, jumped out of bed, stretched and f