Skip to main content

Black Friday

I couldn't bring myself to do it; there was no way in hell I was gonna go out into that mass of human misery called "Black Friday" and conduct my holiday shopping. I love Christmas, but man do I hate the shopping!!! Tis the season to get your family members everything they've been longing for for the last 12 months...by any means necessary!!! I know, I used to work retail; it's never a pretty sight. Whatever happened to "seasons greetings" or "tis the season to be jolly" or "peace and goodwill to all mankind"??? Seems like within the last several years, that's been replaced by long lines of moody, whiny, pushy people who wouldn't hesitate to push you down to the ground for the last stack of Yu-gi-oh playing cards or the last copy of "Halo 2". Things aren't as bad as they used to be; thanks to online shopping, you can avoid any and all contact w/rude procrastinators who've waited until the last moment to buy that special gift for their loved one and can only see the look on said loved one's face as they cut you off on the highway to get to Best Buy before closing time. But, that doesn't stop these people. They will undoubtedly find someway to make someone in retail miserable just so their loved one's won't be. Never mind the other 364 days out of the year they could've enhanced and enriched the life of a loved one. No, no, no, no. All of that pales in comparison to this one day that carries so much weight that if someone were to fail in their gift giving they must be shunned and marked w/a scarlet "G" for all to see...

http://www.nintendo.com/systemsds

Comments

Anonymous said…
Smart man! I spent an hour in line at Best Buy.

Popular posts from this blog

Good Mourning

I'm not a morning person, never have been. From as far back as I can remember, I've never really been the type of person to roll over and bed, feel the sun kiss my face, hear the birds sing, wake up to the sound of an alarm clock and think, "today's the best day of my life!". I'm usually the other guy; deep in slumber, sawing logs (like all snorers, I've never had the distinguished privilege of hearing the sweet, melodic sounds of my nocturnal singing performances) I've got a my drapes closed @ all times, birdsongs are overrated (it's like they're phoning it on or something; a total lack of originality!), the alarm clock goes off. I placed it across the room on purpose; that way I'll have to get out of bed. I throw a shoe @ it. This morning was different. I rolled over and felt the sun caress my face like a lover I lost ages ago, heard the beautiful chirp chirp chirp-ing of a mother bird and her young, jumped out of bed, stretched and f