Skip to main content

Google SketchUp

My friend just kicked me this link; this is the way the internet should be used. Sometimes, I get the feeling that I'm right on the precipice of something huge; I can see myself talking to my grandkids (okay, I don't have kids, I don't even have a wife; but there's always hope) years from now and they'll ask "gramps, what was life like when you were a kid". And that's when I draw a deep breath, hitch up my depends, cock my head skyward, sigh and let them have it!!! Back in my day, we didn't have no fancy-dancy chips in our heads that we used to communicate w/our friends and family. We had something called a "telephone".

Of course, by the time I started w/"back in my day", they'll have lost interest, popped their favorite TV show (they'll be in new and improved gel capsules--
ie, yo man, last night, I swallowed the newest episode of "Everybody Hates Chris"; that's the funniest 90 year old in pill form today!!!) and left me to talk to myself for two hours about how kids have it so good now a days.

Hurumph!

sketchup.google.com

Comments

MarysSon said…
Too funny!!!!

I do a great "Back in my day" impression, by the way.

Popular posts from this blog

Good Mourning

I'm not a morning person, never have been. From as far back as I can remember, I've never really been the type of person to roll over and bed, feel the sun kiss my face, hear the birds sing, wake up to the sound of an alarm clock and think, "today's the best day of my life!". I'm usually the other guy; deep in slumber, sawing logs (like all snorers, I've never had the distinguished privilege of hearing the sweet, melodic sounds of my nocturnal singing performances) I've got a my drapes closed @ all times, birdsongs are overrated (it's like they're phoning it on or something; a total lack of originality!), the alarm clock goes off. I placed it across the room on purpose; that way I'll have to get out of bed. I throw a shoe @ it. This morning was different. I rolled over and felt the sun caress my face like a lover I lost ages ago, heard the beautiful chirp chirp chirp-ing of a mother bird and her young, jumped out of bed, stretched and f